EL98K-315-4 Von Duprin 98 Series with 996K Knob Rim Exit Device with Electric Latch Retraction in Black Finish
This device is for a 48" door
The Von Duprin EL98K-315-4 series of exit device for all types of single and double doors with mullion is well constructed from heavy gauge rolled steel section with the proven heavy duty touch bar mechanism that has been used so successfully in all architectural grade Von Duprin touch bar devices. The 98 rim exit device is the economical alternative, incorporating a modern touchbar styling and the hardware is UL listed for panic exit hardware. It is specifically designed for use in areas where frequent abuse treatment can be expected. Touch bar exit devices are mounted on the egress side of the door. These devices feature an enclosed mechanism case with a push bar area to allow egress.
The Electric Latch Retraction feature provides controlled access through escape doors (via a remote unlocking feature) usually found on the perimeter of a building. Electric latch devices are free from fixings hence, safe egress is always available.
The 98 series has a "smooth mechanism case"
Features and Benefits:
- Black finish
- Knob Trim - Key locks and unlocks
- ANSI Function: 11 or 12 field selectable
- Sex bolts are not included
- Power: 24 VDC- Continuous duty
- Device lengths: 4 feet (1219mm) i.e 4' device for 2' 10" - 4' door (864 mm to 1219 mm) door size
- Fasteners: Includes screw pack for 1-3/4" (44mm) and 2-1/4" (57mm) thick wood and metal doors
- Non-handed operation provides greater flexibility
- Mechanism case dimensions: 2-1/4" x 2-1/4" (57mm x 57mm)
- All 98 series exit devices are UL listed for panic exit hardware
- Latch Bolt: Deadlocking, 3/4" (19mm) throw
- Strike: 299 strike dull black included for single door applications only
- Enables remote unlatching
- Includes 996K standard trim ANSI/BHMA A156.3 (2008) Grade-1 certified
- Cylinder must be ordered separately
- Device centerline from finished floor: 39-13/16" (1011mm) and 39-11/16" (1008mm) with mullion