4781-041-335 Adams Rite Two-Point Deadlatch with Paddle in Black Anodized Finish
The 4781-041-335 series Deadlatch latches to header and threshold allowing both door leaves to remain active. It is designed for paired outswinging narrow stile doors and is also suitable for single doors. There is no need to pin one door with flushbolts or other devices. The paddle is a modified version of the 4591 Deadlatch Paddle and the concealed vertical rod mechanism is the same as used in Adams Rite's 8600 Series Exit Devices. However, the 4781 Two-Point Deadlatch is not intended to substitute for an exit device which must have a door-spanning bar.
Benefits and Features:
- Black Anodized Finish
- Push to Right operation
- Bottom Bolt made of stainless hexagonal steel bolt requires only a 1/2" diameter hole in threshold for a strike
- Paddle Dogging i.e. turning hex screw in paddle escutcheon holds paddle down and thus leaving door free-swinging
- Flanged post is installed on the header strike that has generous location adjustment to allow for door misalignment, sag, bumpers etc.
- Header Strike is perfectly designed to prevent forced entry by bowing the door
- Standard unit will fit doors up to 66" above the paddle height (110" door if paddle is at max 44" height)
- The U-shaped Top-bolt wraps around the strike post to deadlock position, which also deadlocks the bottom bolt through a gear train at the center of the rod assembly
- Paddle includes dogging feature
- Top Bolt is similar to the door latches on some automobiles and aircraft
- Available with Standard rod
- 3 year limited manufacturer's warranty is included
Individually boxed with mounting screws and installation instructions