7170-545-628-50 Adams Rite Electric Strike 24VAC Fail Safe with faceplates in Clear Anodized Finish
The 7170 series Electric Strike with 4-7/8" faceplates are specifically designed for mortise or cylindrical type locksets with up to 3/4" latchbolt projection without deadbolt. It provides remote electrical control of any door equipped with a mortise or cylindrical type lock that has up to 3/4" latchbolt projection without deadbolt. Once activated the electrical actuation unlocks the strike jaw releasing the latchbolt so that the door can be opened without operating the latch itself. The Adams Rite 7170 series super compact mechanism fits smoothly into hollow metal jamb sections as shallow as 1-7/8". It easily fits existing prep for discontinued Adams Rite 7560AN, 7570, 7860AN, 7870 series electric strikes. The electric strike must be positioned to accommodate offset mortise latches during installation.
Recommended for use in hollow metal or wood door jambs
Benefits and Features:
- Clear Anodized Finish
- Aluminum construction
- Grade 1 strength
- 24V AC Intermittent voltage operation
- Current Draw/Amps for 24V operation:
- AC Intermittent - 0.74A - 'buzz' on operation
- Stainless Steel Split-Jaw is included with 5/8 x 1-7/16 x 5/8" deep strike opening
- Available in Zinc-aluminum alloy case of size approximately 1" x 3-3/8" x 1-7/8" deep
- Provides electrical remote control, allowing door to open without depressing the panic hardware cross bar
- UL 1034 burglary-resistant listed hardware
- For use in hollow metal or wood door jambs
- Lip Extensions: 1-3/8"
- Fail safe power failure mode
- Flat faceplate 1-1/4" x 4-7/8" with square corners is included as always
- Fail safe feature - require power to be applied to the unit to lock the strike lip which is unlocked on loss of power 3 year limited manufacturer's warranty is included
Individually boxed including mounting screws, mounting clips and adhesive shims for use where welded tabs are omitted.