QEL-9848NL-OP-US26-3 Von Duprin QEL-9848 Series with 110MD/WD Night Latch Non Fire Rated Concealed Vertical Rod Exit Device with Quite Electric Latch Retraction in Bright Chrome Finish
This device is for a 36" door
The Von Duprin QEL-9848NL-OP-US26-3 series of exit device for all types of single and double metal doors is well constructed from heavy gauge rolled steel section with the proven heavy duty touch bar mechanism that has been used so successfully in all architectural grade Von Duprin touch bar devices. The 9848 vertical rod exit device is the economical alternative, incorporating a modern touchbar styling and the hardware is UL listed for panic exit hardware. It is specifically designed for use in areas where frequent abusive treatment can be expected. Touch bar exit devices are mounted on the egress side of the door. These devices feature an enclosed mechanism case with a push bar area to allow egress.
The QEL feature allows for the remote unlatching of exit devices. A control station operator can flip a switch to retract the latch bolt and immediately change an exit door to push-pull operation. Different than the popular EL, the QEL quiet operation is achieved using an electric drive motor which retracts the latch bolt either momentary unlatching or for extended periods of time. This feature is an alternative to manual dogging.
The 9848 series has a "smooth mechanism case"
Features and Benefits:
- Bright Chrome Finish
- Night Latch Trim - Key Retracts Latchbolt with optional pull required
- ANSI Function: 03
- Cylinders and sex bolts are not included
- Quiet electric latch retraction - Bolt retraction via switch
- Device lengths: 3 feet (914mm) i.e 3' device for 2' 4" - 3' door (711mm to 914 mm) door size
- Fasteners: Includes screw pack for 1-3/4" (44mm) and 2-1/4" (57mm) thick metal doors
- Non-handed operation provides greater flexibility
- Mechanism case dimensions: 2-1/4" x 2-1/4" (57mm x 57mm)
- All 9848 series exit devices are UL listed for panic hardware
- Latch Bolt: Deadlocking top bolt, 3/4" (19mm) throw and bottom bolt, 1-1/2 (38mm) throw
- Strike: Top - 338 unfinished and Bottom - 385A unfinished strikes included as always
- Hex key dogging feature standard
- Includes 110MD/WD standard trim ANSI/BHMA A156.3 (2008) Grade-1 certified
- Cylinder must be ordered separately
- Device centerline from finished floor: 39-5/8" (1006 mm) standard and adjustable from 35-5/8" (905mm) to 49-5/8" (1260mm)