EAX-2500S Detex Exit Alarm
The Detex EAX-2500 is designed for applications that require a 9VDC battery or external AC/DC powered alarmed exit device on secured doors. The alarm, with approximately 100dB, will sound when someone attempts an unauthorized exit. The EAX-2500, with it's smaller size and designed to fit in a standard 4"x4" outlet box makes it the choice for quick and easy installations on emergency exit and restricted doors.
Note: *No cylinders are included with this unit. A mortise cylinder is required to use this lock from inside. If you want to operate this lock from outside the door you will need to purchase a rim cylinder too.
Features and Benefits:
- Low-cost, door alarm with piezo horn that sounds to warn unauthorized use of a door.
- Surface and flush mount available. Easy to install using ordinary tools.
- Fits into a standard 4"x4" double switch/outlet box for both surface and flush installations.
- Now available with field selectable options.
- Available in gray and black.
- Patented cam assembly automatically adjusts for different sizes of cylinders without the use of spacers.
- Mortise cylinder required with standard Yale cam for Inside Key Control.
- Alarm can only be silenced by proper control key.
- Modern graphics on cover to demonstrate key rotation and operation.
- Improved electronic circuits for longer battery life, LED functions.
- 9VDC battery powered with optional AC/DC external power.
- Tamper switch monitors cover manipulation.
- Tamper resistant housing and cover protects electronics and battery from manipulation.
- Extended bypass, now a standard feature, allows alarm to remain bypassed when door is open and automatically rearm upon door closing.
- Custom settings may be ordered and programmed at the factory.
- Upgraded features are now included and field selectable.
- The EAX-2500 package includes:
- EAX-2500 Exit Alarm
- Peel & stick door sign
- Key Stop (formerly 90 degree detent)
- Technical Specifications:
- Approximate 100 dB piezo alarm
- Mortise cylinder key switch arming
- 9 VDC battery powered with optional AC/DC External power (12-24V)
- Low Battery Alert (field selectable- if AC used)
- Manual arming, disarming & rearming
- LED visual arming indicators
- Audible arming indicator
- Remote bypass compatible
- Alarm relay output
- Alarm accepts 5, 6 and 7-pin standard and interchangeable core mortise cylinders with a standard Yale cam
- Field selectable 2 minute auto rearm
- Field selectable status indicators.
- Dimensions: 4.65" Wide x 4.60" Long x 3.11" Deep